Is a dose of Zitotec advisable after taking the MTP Kit?

Dr. Deepti Verma

OBGYN, Maternal and Fetal Medicine

Posted on Thu, 30 Mar 2017 in Women's Health
Question: I have taken mtp kit ... On 27thfeb bleeding started on 1st March..... Now it's not happening ...Now shall I take zitotec 200 mg for two days so that if anything internally is left it will be bleeded....then after that I can go for scan
Answered by Dr. Deepti Verma 39 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Not needed

Detailed Answer:
Hi dear,
I have gone through your question and understand the concerns.
Bleeding with passage of clots and fleshy parts should occur for 5-7 days after taking misoprostol of MTP kit.
If the bleeding was there for 6 days, then most likely the abortion process is completed.
You can get a ultrasound done after a week to confirm that the uterine cavity is empty.
No more zitotec is needed if the bleeding was there for 5 days.
Hope you found the answer helpful.
Dr Deepti Verma
OBGYN
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad