Is a dentist visit advisable during pregnancy?

Dr. Honey Arora

Dentist

Posted on Sat, 4 Jun 2016 in General Health
Question: hello,
im 10 weeks pregnant
is it ok to go to dentist?
thank you
Answered by Dr. Honey Arora 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Yes, but only limited treatment and meditation advisable..

Detailed Answer:
Hi..
Welcome to HEALTHCARE MAGIC..

I have gone through your query and can understand your concerns..

As per your complain in case if you are pregnant going to dentist is not completely restricted but there is a limitation under which Medication and treatment can be done for a pregnant woman..

Any treatment if needed to be done under emergency situation is carried out in second trimester of pregnancy that is between 4 th to 6th month..

This is a general information..

Now I would first of all like to know what dental problems you are facing for which you need to go to dentist..

Kindly elaborate so that I can guide you further..

Please revert back with details..

Hope this information helps..

Thanks and regards.
Dr.Honey Nandwani Arora.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Follow up: Dr. Honey Arora 35 hours later
thank you for you response.
i do not have any problem or I don't think so...I was just wondering.
I usually do not have tooth pain but when i do its a root canal :-/
Would regular filling be ok? or just cleaning?

thank you
Answered by Dr. Honey Arora 7 hours later
Brief Answer:
No treatment needed..

Detailed Answer:
Hi..
Welcome back..

As per your query, if you do not have any dental problems then no need to visit any dentist..

Secondly, no dental treatment is carried out in the first trimester of pregnancy until it is an emergency, therefore as you are ten weeks pregnant so as of now you do not need to get any dental treatment done as it does not seems to be needed for you..

Any further questions are welcome..

Wishing you a safe pregnancy and a safe child birth..

All the best..

Regards..
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Naveen Kumar