Is a SGPT level of 106 a cause for concern?
Need to follow up
I have gone through the details you have provided.Your liver enzymes at more than two times upper limit of normal and this rise is significant. I would recommend you get tested for hepatitis. In case the tests are negative repeat the liver enzymes after 4 months. Your treating doctor will know about the tests.
Antacids won't cause this rise in liver enzymes.
Alcohol is one of the reasons for high liver enzymes. In case you do not take alcohol and the hepatitis tests are negative then this could be due to NAFLD (non alcoholic fatty liver disease) which is managed byregular exercise and weight reduction. Court current BMI( Body mass index) is 33 and it should be less than 25. To achieve that your weight should be less than 170.
hope this helps
Dr Samir Patil
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes elevated sgpt levels
- Sgpt and sgot level that cause cirrhosis
- Will metformin cause sgpt levels to rise
- Probable cause of high sgpt level
- What causes low sgpt levels
- 37 years old high sgpt triglyceride levels cause of concern
- Sgpt levels
- Cause of elevated sgpt levels
- Sgpt level high cause
- Decreased sgpt level causes