• question-icon

Is Vyvanse safe to take for persistent tiredness and fatigue?

Posted on Tue, 31 May 2016 in Mental Health
Question: Hello doctor i am 23 years old and I'm in college right now taking 6 courses more than full time i also work and box for a living sometimes i feel extremely tired and i feel like i nee vyvanse so that i can study work for my father that has a brain tumor and as well box because it is something i love.
Answered by Dr. Seikhoo Bishnoi 48 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Vyvanse can help to improve the condition.

Detailed Answer:
Hello thanks for asking from HCM for your health related queries

For persistent tiredness, fatigued feelings a psychiatric consultation is advised. You are in college and are doing many courses, you also have work to do and your father is having brain tumour. All these things are resulting in severe distress which is causing problems. Adjustment reaction, depression because of stress are possible reasons.

Vyvanse can help to improve the condition but in my opinion antidepressants should help to improve the condition. Vyvanse is an stimulant drug and will definitely help but the drug is a controlled drug and online prescription of this drug is not accepted. Please visit a doctor for proper evaluation.

Thanks, Hope this helps.
Dr. Seikhoo Bishnoi

Psychiatrist