Is Sporidex advisable while breastfeeding?

Excellent

Question
Hi Doctor,
Is it safe to take sporidex during breastfeeding my 5.5 months baby? What is the dosage that I can take? I'm suffering with severe throat pain.
Fri, 11 May 2018 in Medicines and Side Effects

Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Can be taken

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on Healthcaremagic.

Although there is limited data available, maternal doses of Sporidex (cephalexin) up to 1 gram produce low levels in milk that are usually not expected to cause adverse effects in breastfed infants. You can take Sporidex 500mg twice a day for 5 days without anything to worry about. Also gurgle with lukewarm water.

Follow-up: Is Sporidex advisable while breastfeeding? 9 hours later
Thank you Doctor.

Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Glad to be of service

Detailed Answer:
Feel free to ask me back directly if you ever have a health related query in the future.