Is Permethrin safe during breastfeeding?

Dr. Manisha Jain

OBGYN

Posted on Wed, 24 Aug 2016 in Pregnancy
Question: Hello doctor, I am a lactating mother, feeding for my 2 month old daughter. Recently my head is infected with head lice. I would like to know if it is safe to use Perlice for treating the head lice while breastfeeding. If not, can you please suggest some medicine that is safe to use?
Answered by Dr. Manisha Jain 57 minutes later
Brief Answer:
safe

Detailed Answer:
Hello and welcome to Health Care.Magic Forum. Thanks for trusting is with your health query.I have gone through your query and understand your concerns completely.
It is safe to use Perlice during breast feeding. Although it is reported that it can be secreted in breast milk but the amount is too low to have any adverse affect on the baby. So you can use it and continur e breast feed as earlier. Regards Dr Manisha Jain.