Is Miralax a safe laxative to take?
Miralax, Ispaghula husk plus milk
Hello and Welcome
I appreciate your concern
At recommended doses do not use miralax for more than a week. The recommended dose is 17 g in 4 to 8 oz water orally once a day.
I would advise ispaghula husk 2 tablespoon in a 250 ml glass of milk twice a day. When the stool become soft , you can reduce it to once a day and continue it. Its safe, provides adequate fiber and regulates the bowel movements very well.
Wishing you best of health
Let me know if you have any query
Please consult your doctor before deciding on any further course of action.
For future follow up / correspondence you may ask me directly at the link given below
Dr. M.S. Khalil
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Is miralax safe long-term
- Is miralax a fiber laxative
- Is it safe to take laxatives weekly
- Is there a problem with taking miralax for long periods
- Safe laxatives to take daily
- Stomach pain bloated stomach gas taking miralax
- Side effects of miralax laxative
- When should you take miralax
- Is it safe to take laxative after an abortion
- Bloated stomach ache after taking miralax