• question-icon

Is MDMA safe to take while breastfeeding?

Posted on Fri, 3 Jun 2016 in Drug Abuse
Question: My wife and I had a child 6 months ago. We use a combination of breast feeding and formula for his diet. My wife has only drank twice over the 15 month period 9 months pregnancy plus 6 months. We are going to a show next week and wanted to take XXXXXXX which is a pure form of mdma or ecstasy? If we were to take such a substance how long before she could breastfeed our child and it would be safe? What about cocaine? We want to know these things before we do anything that is detrimental to our child's well being.
Answered by Dr. Alexander H. Sheppe 26 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Consultation

Detailed Answer:
It is absolutely NOT safe to take MDMA, XXXXXXX ecstasy, or cocaine while breastfeeding. These substances stay in the body for quite some time and are transferable to your baby via breast milk. Your wife needs to abstain from these substances.

Please remember to rate and close this answer when you are finished and satisfied.

In the future, for continuity of care, I encourage you to contact me directly at my private link below. After you ask a direct question, it would be my pleasure to be your dedicated personal physician on this website. My name is Dr. Sheppe, and I am an XXXXXXX doctor working in New York City at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital, ranked #1 for Psychiatry in the United States (tinyurl.com/psyrank). For a personalized comprehensive evaluation, treatment recommendations, and individual therapy, ask me at HealthCareMagic at this private link: tinyurl.com/DrSheppeAnswers
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee
Dr. Alexander H. Sheppe

Psychiatrist