Is Lexapro or Celexa better for anxiety?
lexapro is better than celexa for GAD
Thanks for writing to us.
Celexa contains cetalopram and lexapro contains escitalopram.
Lexapro is approved drug for Generalized anxiety disorder(GAD) by FDA while Celexa is not approved though it is used for GAD off label.
Lexapro is better in terms of metabolism, side effect and effectiveness than celexa in GAD.
In conclusion lexapro is better than celexa for GAD.
Hope I have answered your query.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Can Chlorpromazine and Sodium Valproate Sandoz be taken in pregnancy?
- Suggest treatment for OCD
- Suggest treatment for delayed ejaculation
- How to wean off of Trazadone?
- What causes anxiety and visual problems after taking psychedelic mushrooms?
- Suggest treatment for anxiety
- What causes drowsiness during day time?
- Can Solian and Lexapro be taken together?
- Suggest treatment for erectile dysfunction caused by over masturbation
- Suggest an alternative treatment for premature ejaculation