Is Immutol effective for treatment of peripheral neuropathy?

Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan

Posted on Mon, 25 Aug 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: I am wondering if the drug IMMUTOL would be helpful for my wife's Peripheral Neuropathy? I was reading a booklet I received in the mail and was curious about it. She has tried several different medicines and is not having a whole lot of success with any of them.
Answered by Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
safe but consult a neurologist first

Detailed Answer:
thank you for asking
Peripheral neuropathy is a strict chronic serious business and no random drug advertised or came across should be tried on and no wah with out the prescription of a neurologist.
The medicine you mentioned is beta glucan supplements and will help the neuropathy If due to diabetes or MS but it should not be tried with out a proper consult to a neurologist. Because what drug manufactures claim is just one side of the picture. The other needs to be shown by a neurologist for safety and complete understanding.

ThBeta glucans are sugars that are found in the cell walls of bacteria, fungi, yeasts, algae, lichens, and plants, such as oats and barley. They are sometimes used as medicine.

Beta glucans are used for high cholesterol, diabetes, cancer, andHIV/AIDS. Beta glucans are also used to boost the immune system in people whose body defenses have been weakened by conditions such as chronic fatigue syndrome, or physical and emotional stress; or by treatments such as radiation or chemotherapy. Beta glucans are also used for colds (common cold), flu (influenza), H1N1 (swine) flu, allergies, hepatitis, Lyme disease, asthma, ear infections, aging, ulcerative colitis andCrohn's disease, fibromyalgiarheumatoid arthritis, and multiple sclerosis.

People apply beta glucans to the skin for dermatitis, eczema,wrinkles, bedsores, wounds, burns, diabetic ulcers, and radiation burns.

Healthcare providers sometimes give beta glucans by IV (intravenously) or by injection into the muscle to treat cancer and to boost the immune system in people with HIV/AIDS and related conditions. Beta glucans are also given by IV to prevent infection in people after surgery.

Healthcare providers sometimes give beta glucans by a shot under the skin (subcutaneously) for treating and reducing the size of skin tumors resulting from cancer that has spread.

In manufacturing, beta glucans are used as a food additive in products such as salad dressings, frozen desserts, sour cream, and cheese spreads.

There are several beta glucan supplement products that claim beta glucans taken by mouth can only be absorbed if the product is prepared by a special patented process that “micronizes” beta glucan particles to a size of 1 micron or less. However, there is no reliable evidence to support such a claim..
I hope it helps. Take good care of yourself and don't forget to close the discussion please.
May the odds be ever in your favour.
Regards XXXXXXX