Owl Image

Is Ibuprofen effective for leg pain?

Owl Image
Dr. Praveen Tayal

Orthopaedic Surgeon

Question
i am using ibuprofen 200 millegrams twice a day for pain in legs and most recently in hands is this ok
Wed, 20 Aug 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects

Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Yes.

Detailed Answer:
If you are getting an adequate pain relief with this dose then you can continue with it. In case the pain relief is lesser then increase the dose to 400 or 600 thrice a day.
You can also do a hot fomentation in the area to relieve pain and stiffness.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal

Follow-up: Is Ibuprofen effective for leg pain? 17 minutes later
i made a mistake. i am already taking 400mg twice daily can i go to600 if necessary three times a day. also are the side effects of ibprofen dangerous? THANK YOU also is there a phone no to contact you and would you recommend physical therapy

Brief Answer:
Yes you can increase the dose.

Detailed Answer:
Hello.
Thanks for writing again.
Yes you can increase the dose if necessary. Side effects include gastritis and nausea. Be careful to take it after the meals to avoid the side effects.Physical therapy will help in a long term relief. You can make a phone call consultation through this website.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.
Regards.