Is HCG diet safe to take for weight loss?
hCG diet has no proven scientific basis and is not approved by modern medicine or FDA.
hCG is a hormone which stimulates ovaries or testes to produce sex hormones. It is important not to embark on any non approved treatment regimen especially as you have kidney disease. The safety of this is not been studied. hCG diet put you on a very low calorie diet along with hCG injections.
It is important for you to maintain good nutrition in balanced way. In chronic kidney disease, you should keep your haemoglobin above 10 ,should be on a good calcium and vitamin D diet. This is important for good health and for bones. People with kidney disease often develop weak bones due to high parathyroid hormones.
You should consult your dietician attached to nephrology department who can advice you how to lose weight in a systematic way.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Hcg injections for weight loss
- How safe is taking a weight loss pill
- Best weight loss diet when taking epilim
- Is it safe for me to take eltroxin for weight loss
- What diet should i take for weight loss
- Is it safe to take adipex for weight loss
- Hcg hormone and weight loss
- Average weight loss on hcg diet for women
- Is it safe to take weight loss pill
- Weight loss with hcg diet