Is Cymbalta the right medicine for hallucinations and confusion?

Dr. Alexander H. Sheppe

Psychiatrist

Posted on Tue, 6 Sep 2016 in Mental Health
Question: My mom recently sufferered from takatsubo syndrome and was hospitalized for a week, the doctors failed to give her cymbalta medicine and now she is suffering with confusion, hallucinations etc. she is not in her right mind. my dad took her to a neurologist who put her back on Cymbalta and doubled the dosage but she is not making any sense still… what should I do?
Answered by Dr. Alexander H. Sheppe 34 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Consultation

Detailed Answer:
Hello, and thanks for your question.

It is likely that your mother is delirious as a result of medical complications. Cymbalta will not treat this. She needs emergent medical evaluation in an emergency room, and may need antipsychotic medication in the short term to combat hallucinations and confusion.

Please remember to rate and close this answer thread when you are finished and satisfied.

In the future, for continuity of care, I encourage you to contact me directly at my private link below. After you ask a direct question, it would be my pleasure to be your dedicated personal physician on this website. My name is Dr. Sheppe, and I am an XXXXXXX doctor working in New York City at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital, ranked #1 for Psychiatry in the United States (tinyurl.com/psyrank). For a personalized comprehensive evaluation, treatment recommendations, and individual therapy, ask me at HealthCareMagic at this private link: tinyurl.com/DrSheppeAnswers
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T