• question-icon

Is Adderall recommended for ADHD treatment?

Posted on Tue, 1 Aug 2017 in Mental Health
Question: I have adhd and need some adderall. I used to take adderall when i was a teenager and it helped me focus. I want to try it again to help me with my issues
Answered by Dr. Seikhoo Bishnoi 26 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Adderall is an amphetamine drug

Detailed Answer:
Hello thanks for asking from HCM

I can understand your concern. Adderall is an amphetamine drug. The drug is a controlled drug and this drug can not be prescribed online. You have to visit a psychiatrist for evaluation first and once diagnosis of adult ADD is made then the drug can be prescribed to you.

I am sorry for your inconvenience.

Thanks and Take care
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Follow up: Dr. Seikhoo Bishnoi 5 minutes later
ive been diagnosed in the past for adhd. cant you look at my medical records?
Answered by Dr. Seikhoo Bishnoi 1 minute later
Brief Answer:
The drug can't be prescribed online.

Detailed Answer:
Hello again

Yes I can help in confirming diagnosis and also suggest medicine. Adderall is a prescription medicine and you will need a written prescription to buy it.

Thanks and Take care
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Dr. Seikhoo Bishnoi

Psychiatrist