I Have Ear Ache For The Past Week And Also
Details as discussed below:
Thank you for your query.
1. Earache for a week and headache for a month can commonly be caused by ear wax build-up and sometimes due to sinusitis.
2. Hence an eardrum examination with an Otoscope or Endoscope is recommended, especially if there is decreased hearing.
3. If the hearing and eardrums are fine, then hearing tests are required. These include a PTA (Pure Tone Audiogram) and an Impedance Audiogram (I/A or tympanogram).
4. You will have to explain in detail about your symptoms; one-sided or both, and provide your age, associated medical conditions, details of any consultations, medications, if taken over the past month, any other medical condition, any history of self-cleaning the ears, water entering the ears, where you are approximately located and the headaches in detail.
5. Many causes of referred pain to the ears may exist and these can be ruled out when you provide the above details.
6. Meanwhile, you can start with OTC (Over The Counter) earwax softening drops, anti-allergy (fexofenadine/ cetirizine once a day), anti-reflux (Omeprazole/ Pantoprazole/ Rabeprazole twice a day)), anti-inflammation (paracetamol twice a day) medication and steam inhalation for 3 days.
I hope that I have answered your query. If you have any further questions, I will be available to answer them.