I have been suffering with a cold for five weeks
Probably just common cold,follow the advice below.
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.
I already reviewed the attached report.
In my opinion your symptoms seem to be related to a common cold.
A lack of immune system can trigger the symptoms.
I already reviewed the medication that you are using and the treatment is correct.
I recommend using anti inflammatory medication such as Ibuprofen 400 mg three times a day.
I also recommend using a vitamin C supplement to boost the immune system.
I suggest drinking liquids and rest a lot.
Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.
Thank you for your service, XXXXXXX Aardema
Some examinations are recommended for further evaluation.
I understand your concern.
I would recommend some examinations for further evaluation of the immune system.
A white blood cell count
T cell count
After the examinations, you can contact me again for further assistance, if needed.
Wishing you all the best.
Take care dear,
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What is the cause of excessive sweating resulting in the feeling of been...
- What can cause itching and welts on the upper abdomen?
- How to treat itching of the skin with small scabs on hands and arms?
- What type of exercises are advisable for a patient with high blood...
- What causes severe pelvic pain after engaging in sexual intercourse?
- Can Simvastatin cause side-effects after being on it for 4 years?
- What do abdominal pain with difficulty urinating indicate?
- Does mold causes heart palpitation and hot flashes?
- Can Ketamine help treat chronic depression in an elderly person?
- How can itchy rashes on the stomach be treated despite using Lotrix lotion?