I had pancreatic cancer and had my pancreas removed. I
Just a myth.
Hello and thank you for choosing'Ask a doctor' service to ask your query,
Have gone through your details and I can very well understand your problem.
As your query is direct I would jump to answer directly.
The major digestive enzymes made by the pancreas include-
Pancreatic proteases (such as trypsin and chymotrypsin) - which help to digest proteins- Each whole egg contains about 6 to 8 gram of protein while egg White contains 3gram.
Pancreatic amylase - which helps to digest sugars (carbohydrates) egg don't contain carbohydrate so nothing to worry about it.
Pancreatic lipase - which helps to digest fat-As you are having whole egg the yolk contains lots of fat and cholesterol.
Now lets move to answer if you are able to digest the eggs and there is no smell of rotten eggs, excess gas formation, constipation or loose motion and your stools does not seems to be coated with layer of fat(too sticky unformed foul smelling) you can have it. This directly means you are digesting fats and protein very well.
However in case you feel any of the above symptoms add protease and lipase containing enzyme supplements in your diet.
If you are digesting egg properly then it's just a myth that eggs are not good for you.
Infact your body will give you the best answer. Everything which it digests easily is meant for you.
Hope i was straightforward and clear to understand.
Follow ups are welcome.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest dosage for Morphine while suffering from liver cirrhosis
- Suggest treatment for vomiting and diarrhea
- What causes fluttering sensation in the abdomen?
- How can severe constipation with nausea, bloating and gas be treated?
- Suggest treatment for abdominal bloating and weight gain
- What does my ultrasound scan report indicate?
- Suggest treatment for hemorrhoids
- Suggest treatment for an anal fistula
- What causes abdominal pain, nausea and diarrhea?
- Suggest treatment for constipation and pain in the anal area