Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
130 Doctors are Online
Ask a Urologist   »  

I am uncircumcised. Noticed ulcers under the penis foreskin. Tested negative for STD. What is causing this?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Practicing since : 1994
Answered : 10450 Questions
I have a couple of ulcers under the penis foreskin, I am uncircumcised, & it looks like a common cancor sore that occurs in your mouth from time to time. I have noticed that it starts off as a couple of black spots, & then becomes an ulcer, & is gone with antibiotic cream, & alcohol, in under a week. I have had all STD tests, & all of my results are negative. My new wife has a cat that sleeps in bed with us, & we have a lot of anal & oral sex, including her eating out my ass, & then finishing me off with her mouth, & also ATM, after I have anal sex with her! What could be causing this? No problems ever before, & I am a 52 yr old monogamous male in excellent health.
Posted Tue, 30 Oct 2012 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 3 hours later
Thanks for posting your query.
Recurrent ulcers under the penis foreskin with all STD tests negative can be due to rough sex, poor hygiene, fungal infection, dermatitis, diabetes, etc.
A direct examination is necessary to find out the cause.
Some measures which can help you:
1)Clean the area twice daily with any antibacterial soap and after having sex and keep it dry.
2)Restrict smoking and alcohol if any.
3)Avoid intercourse until the lesion is properly healed.
4)Wear cotton undies.
5)Apply Neosporin powder after discussing with the physician.
Consider visiting a Physician for evaluation so that appropriate treatment like systemic antifungal drugs can be started to avoid recurrence.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: I am uncircumcised. Noticed ulcers under the penis foreskin. Tested negative for STD. What is causing this? 12 hours later
Hello I am a Registered Nurse, the wife of 52 yr old and I have seen these ulcers, usually 2 at a given time. It has happened since May of this year and this is the third time. He did have one std panel done on first occurrence which tested for hsv and other std's. results were negative as stated by clinic!

It did not test for diabetes nor penile cancer. I agree that he should be evaluated by a doctor in person. He applies alcohol otc x3 a day to the site, hoping to dry the ulcer areas. Should he be doing this? Also has a family hx of obesity and diabetes. My concerns are diabetes. Please advice more on your thoughts.

Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 2 hours later
Thanks for writing again.
He can use the alcohol to keep the area free from infections. Since he has a family history of diabetes, he must have a glucose tolerance test done for an early detection of deranged blood glucose levels.
The lesions are happening every other month. This can be due to an untreated fungal infection or an allergic response too. It is best to consult a dermatologist for a direct examination.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Urologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor