Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
180 Doctors are Online

I am breastfeeding and detected with kidney stone. Will it be safe to take medicine?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Internal Medicine Specialist
Practicing since : 2001
Answered : 2272 Questions
Hi Doctor! Iam XXXXXXX. I have been detected with kidney stones in 5th month of my pregnancy. Now my child is 2.5 months old. I am breastfeeding him. Can i take any medication for kidney stones at this time? Does kidney stones effect my menstrual cycle?
Posted Fri, 26 Oct 2012 in Kidney Conditions
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 12 minutes later
Welcome to Healthcare Magic!
There are hardly any medicine which can cure the kidney stones.
Rather you should avoid XXXXXXX leafy vegetables, onions, garlic and citrus fruits and take lots of fluids. The stones of the size you have mentioned are frequently formed and are flushed out.
Ayurvedic/Homeopathic medicines are not subjected to rigorous good quality trials so there safety status remains unknown regarding the safety during breast feeding.
Just try dietary modifications and flush therapy and get follow up abdominal ultrasound 3monthly.
I hope the advise would be helpful for you.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Nephrologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor