I am 69 year old female. Been relatively healthy. Gaulbladder/

Dr. Deepak Sundriyal

Oncologist

Posted on Wed, 13 Feb 2019 in Cancer
Question: I am 69 year old female. Been relatively healthy. Gaulbladder/appendix surgery in 1971. Diagnosed 9 years ago w IBS. Cons and dia alternate. Last Sept ended up in ER. Did contrast CT but didn’t see anything. I have a small ovarian fibroid which I’ve had for at least 9 years that hurts now and then. Three weeks ago I ended up in the ER again. They gave me 3 bags fluid and did another contrast CT. Said didnt see anything except little diverticulitis and the smallfibroid. Both knuckles are achy and sore to touch and lower back aches w stiffness. I also have a rash on torso that was biopsyed and came back normal. My red and white counts are normal. I’ve had two colonoscopies in the past nine years the last one 4 years ago. Doc prescribed anti anxiety and anti stomach spasm meds. Other than those two taken for last three weeks I take nothing. Hate to take pills. I guess I’m afraid I have cancer and they aren’t finding. Just tired of feeling lousy. Not tired at all. In fact I fight it when I don’t feel well and tend to pace a great deal. What is wrong with me.
Answered by Dr. Deepak Sundriyal 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Hello. You are too much worried

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear. I have gone through the details. So you had all non specific symptoms and regular colonoscopies as well as ct scan twice, which revealed nothing suggestive of cancer.
There is no point investigating you further in the absence of warning signs and symptoms of cancer like
1. Unprovoked bleeding from any site
2. Any palpable lump
3. Chronic cough, breathlessness
4. Unexplained weight loss
5. Unexplained fever, night sweats
I will suggest you to do regular yoga, eat lot of fresh fruits and veggies and your remaining issues and anxiety will vanish.
Thanks and regards
Feel free to ask further
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj