I am 50 years old (female). Several years ago I
Probably hormonal imbalance due to menopause,some examination should be don
Hello dear and welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.
I understand your concern.
Based on the information in the query the symptoms to be related to hormone disbalance.
This hormonal disbalance is probably due to menopause.
I would recommend to do a blood test to check FSH and estrogen level to confirm or exclude this diagnosis.
I would also recommend a complete blood count to rule out an infection.
Meanwhile, I would recommend using over the counter anti inflammatory medication such as Ibuprofen 400 mg three times a day.
After the examination you can contact me again for further evaluation and specific treatment.
Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.
How does hormonal imbalance cause suprasternal and supraclavicular swelling?
Probably swelling is due to water retention.
Hi again dear,
The suprasternal swelling can be related to water retention.
Water retention is very common during menopause due to estrogen imbalance.
I recommend doing the examinations to confirm the diagnosis.
You should not be worried, because it is as normal as it can be.
I suggest you to eat foods that are natural diuretics such as artichokes, asparagus, beets, brussels sprouts.
Take care dear,
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What is the cause of excessive sweating resulting in the feeling of been...
- What can cause itching and welts on the upper abdomen?
- How to treat itching of the skin with small scabs on hands and arms?
- What type of exercises are advisable for a patient with high blood...
- What causes severe pelvic pain after engaging in sexual intercourse?
- Can Simvastatin cause side-effects after being on it for 4 years?
- What do abdominal pain with difficulty urinating indicate?
- Does mold causes heart palpitation and hot flashes?
- Can Ketamine help treat chronic depression in an elderly person?
- How can itchy rashes on the stomach be treated despite using Lotrix lotion?