I (25 y/o male) have had chronic rectal bleeding (red
Need life style changes & consultation of a Proctologist.
Thank you for the query...I understand your concern.
Long standing bleeding while passing stools could be bleeding piles.They are either genetic or result of wrong life style....and represent dialated & inflammed blood vessel in rectal canal.
*You have a pile below pectineal line... that separates upper two third and lower one third of rectal canal. The anotomical details are different in these parts. lower one third has more nerve supply and so is more likely to be painful ...also needs an expert while treating it surgically.
*You therefore need to consult a Proctologist (expert in anal surgeries) for it.Treatment would be antibiotic,anti inflammatory drugs,laxatives to avoid rubbing of hard stools on piles & bleeding, hemostatic drugs/local injections to reduce inflammation &fibrose the blood vessel to stop bleeding OR removal of piles by surgery.
* life style changes like having regular bowel habits,/eating more finbers & plenty of water in diet, reduce weight ,have active life style,do regular daily exercises including those for abdominal & anal canal /have stress-free motion, avoid regular weight lifting . coughing or straining.
With changed life style & expert advise &treatment, you would overcome the problem.
I hope that helps you.Any more information you want,please ask me . I would like to help you.
Running itself may be instigating factor.
Thank you for the follow up query
IHappy to know a would be medico... who is well versed with the basic life style pattern to control bleeding piles...
As you know piles form a coushen of bulged blood vessels on the inner lining of rectal/anal canal... which tends to bleed when inflammed &irritated/traumatised .
Though you are taking all the lifestyle precautions &stool softeners to prevent bleeding.... one point has not be considered....irritation or straining rectum while doings tremulous work outs or nunning long distance (5 times in a week)itself can cause continuous stress to (lower most par of our body....)rectum &anus..irritating the mucus membrane... keeping it inflammed &easily roughened by even smoothened stools!
I feel you need to change your exercising pattern...without putting strain on rectum.
You seem to be attached to a medical institute.. where you can easily meet a rectal surgeon... please get it corrected surgically.. if it must(depends on site &grade of the piles)... &have a riddle less happy life ahead!
Hope that helps.Any follow up query is welcome!
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Feeling chill and shaking. Is this a sign of an illness?
- Have high BP, cholesterol and low thyroid. Feel heart rate increases at...
- Having intense burning and noticed swelling in clitoris and labias after...
- Had open surgery for advanced sigmoid colectomy. Watery stools with pain...
- Have severe facial flushing and rosacea. Going through menopause. What...
- Type-2 diabetic, constipated, having abdominal pain after bowel...
- What causes headaches?
- Suggest treatment for recurrent diarrhea
- Suggest treatment for foot infection
- What causes severe hair loss?