How to use Susten?

Dr. S Patra

OB and GYN Specialist

Posted on Sat, 4 Jun 2016 in Pregnancy
Question: Hi Doctor
I am 8 week pregnant. My doctor has prescribed me to use susten 400 in vagina.
I was not very sure how to use it so i burst the tablet and use to apply the gel with the finger.
But i was googling and found that it should be inserted directly.
Please explain me to use this tablet in the efficient way
Answered by Dr. S Patra 28 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Insert susuten soft gel capsule directly in vagina.

Detailed Answer:
Hello Dear,

Susten contains micronized Progesterone. It helps to support healthy pregnancy and prevent miscarriage.

Soft gel capsule should be inserted inside vagina directly WITHOUT opening or burst. It is better to take at bed time, so that you can stay on bed for 4-6 hrs and the medicine will work properly. It get dissolved by own. Maintain genital hygiene properly.

Hope, it helps for your information. Wish your good health and successful motherhood.

For future query, you can directly approach me through

http://doctor.healthcaremagic.com/Funnel?page=askDoctorDirectly&docId=63326

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Deepak
Follow up: Dr. S Patra 1 hour later
What i did previously. Did the gel gone waste as my progesterone level was low and i am using this method from past 10 days. I am concern now
Answered by Dr. S Patra 8 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Some portion will be wasted if you open it.

Detailed Answer:
Hello Dear,

Thanks for follow up query.

Yes, some portion of medicine will be wasted if you open it and apply the gel with finger. It is NOT the right method. Rest portion will be absorbed through vaginal mucosa.

You should follow above method from right now to combat progesterone deficiency and continue healthy pregnancy. Do periodic check up to your doctor.

Hope, I have answered your query. Good luck and take care.