Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
198 Doctors are Online

How to use Mifegest kit to terminate pregnancy?

Mar 2016
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2011
Answered : 4047 Questions
my wife is 4 week pregnant and test is +ve . plz tell me how to use mifegest kit
Posted Fri, 21 Mar 2014 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. S Patra 1 hour later
Brief Answer: CONSULT WITH GYNECOLOGIST FOR SAFE TERMINATION. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for writing to us. At this stage, MEDICAL ABORTION can be done for safe termination of 4 weeks pregnancy with ABORTION PILL (like Mifegest kit). However, self administration of abortion pill is NOT recommended. You shouldn't go for that. Here, you need one ultrasound scan to determine the nature of conception (uterine or tubal pregnancy) before proceeding the medical abortion. The abortion procedure is associated with several risks and complications like nausea, vomiting, abdominal cramp, excessive vaginal bleeding, fainting etc. You can't control them by yourself at home. Therefore, I suggest to consult with local GYNECOLOGIST or healthcare provider for safe termination. Abortion kit contains two types of pills. One pill is to be taken orally at the first appointment and another pill is to be inserted into vagina (or buccal ) after 48 hrs of first pill. This process can be done at home if you consult once with LOCAL DOCTOR as you have to go for follow up examination after 2 weeks to confirm that abortion process is completed. One pelvic ultrasound scan is required to check retained bits if any. Around 5% women needs D & C or suction (surgical method) to evacuate the uterine cavity. To summarize, you must visit to local GYNECOLOGIST for medical abortion with proper advice on follow up visits and in emergency. Hope, it will be helpful for your information. Kindly, close the discussion, if you don't have any other query. Wish your good health and take care yourself. Regards, Dr Soumen For future query, you can directly approach me through
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor