Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
148 Doctors are Online

How to treat thrush without consulting a doctor?

May 2013
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 2006
Answered : 4909 Questions
Think I may have thrush. (result of using baby oil during sex) Can it be treated without a visit to the dr?
Posted Tue, 26 Nov 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 9 minutes later
Brief Answer: Better to consult gynecologist Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for the query. Thrush can be treated with topical antifungal cream which are available over the counter. But it is better to start treatment only after visiting doctor and with her prescription. Because it is difficult to guess the type of infection just by symptoms. It needs detailed examination by the doctor. Further using one drug for another infection can lead to development of resistance or flaring up of infection etc. I recommend that you visit a doctor to differentiate thrush from allergic reaction to the baby oil, that may be mimicking the thrush. So better to get examined once to find out the exact cause and take treatment accordingly. Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer followup queries. If you are satisfied with the answer, please give your review at the end of the discussion. Take care
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor