• question-icon

How to treat incomplete abortion?

Posted on Tue, 31 May 2016 in Pregnancy
Question: Hi. My last manetural dates is 16th January. After 20th February I did not get dates again than I done pregnancy test by testing tubes. It was positive. Than after on 27th feb I used Misoprost kit and on 28th mng I get dates again with blood clotes. The dates was continue 5 days. After that dates stoped. Now on 22nd March again I made ultrasound and Doctor is saying you are pregnant. Is it posible or can I use Misoprost again. Please suggest.
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Misoprost will not help in pregnancy of more than 2 months.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
If the pregnancy is still continuing then only surgical abortion can terminate the pregnancy. The misoprost is used only for a pregnancy less than 7 weeks. As per your dates you are more than 2 months pregnant. If it is an unwanted pregnancy then it is best to consult a gynecologist and get D&C done.
Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Deepak
Dr. Rakhi Tayal

OBGYN