Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
191 Doctors are Online

How to treat high triglyceride levels and pain in the chin ?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2009
Answered : 299 Questions
my husband has been gettting a really sharp pain in his chin. like it stiffins up and hurts him pretty bad untill it passes. what is this? he just turned 40 he has been diagnosed with extremely high triglyceride levels about mo. ago.
Mon, 7 May 2012 in Cholesterol
Answered by Dr. Vidya Muralidhar 3 hours later
Hi Della,

Thanks for your query.

A sharp pain in the chin , with a history high triglyceride levels, is something which must not be ignored. This may mean a symptom of an underlying block in the blood vessels supplying the heart.This may manifest as chest pain called angina which may radiate to the jaw,back,shoulder and the arms also.

I suggest you consult a General Physician at the earliest and take an ECG. Further tests like 2D echo, stress test and an angiography may be planned if needed.His blood pressure and blood sugar levels need to be examined.

Other conditions such as muscle spasm, trigeminal neuralgia, tooth infection, sinusitis, etc can cause similar symptoms, but given your husband's family history and high triglycerides, it is important to first make sure that there is no cardiac cause.

Hope I answered your query, I am available for follow ups as well.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Cardiologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor