How to quit alcohol without withdrawl side effects?
I want to quit but sometime relapse. Further I have read that suddenly stopping is dangerous for health. I need advice on how I can quit.
Thank you for your query.
Yes, you are right that sudden stopping of alcohol is dangerous in the form of very severe withdrawal features like delirium, seizure episode, etc. Therefore in such cases, I admit patients in a psychiatric nursing home and start treatment. There are certain medication for craving and also for withdrawal features like Benzodiazepins, topiramate, acamprosate, also Disulfiram which will help you a lot.
So discuss with your doctor.
How can I get in touch with you and start treatment.
Also with all the heavy drinking in the past I would like to know what damage I did to myself.
may be liver damage
Liver can be damaged with heavy drinking. You need ultrasound scan and liver function tests to assess the extent of damage.
I practice at XXXXXXX If you stay close-by or planning a visit to XXXXXXX you are free to visit me. I will be pleased to start treatment.
Alternatively, you can visit a local psychiatrist's hospital or any government civil hospital and receive this treatment.
I stay in XXXXXXX Is there any doctor or clinic you would recommend?
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Side effects of quitting lexapro
- How to wean off celexa without the side effects
- How to avoid melacare use without side effects
- Side effects of quitting chantix
- Side effects of quitting crestor
- How to reduce weight without any side effects
- How to gain weight without any side effects
- How to withdraw alprax without any side effect
- How to postpone periods without side effects
- How to quit chewing side effects