How to prevent C-DIFF and MERSA infection?
good hygiene and handwashing are paramount to prevent infection. This is what we call "contact precautions". Every time you get in contact with the infected person (hand shake, touch any potentially exposed / infected areas, including furniture) you should wash your hands with soap and water for 30 to 60 seconds. Alcohol is not enough to prevent infection.
If you develop diarrhea, you should visit your primary care physician to get tested and possibly start therapy if necessary (against C Diff). MRSA is a different story, and you may already have it on your skin without even knowing, but this bacteria may cause severe blood stream infections, cellulitis, etc. So if you feel anything unusual you should visit your doctor.
At this time you don't need to take any medications.
hope that helps.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- How to prevent vagal yeast infection
- How is torch infection prevented and treated
- How to prevent recurrent sinus infections
- How is staph infection prevented in the eye
- How to prevent herpes infection
- How to prevent protozoan infections
- How to prevent norovirus infection
- How to prevent sinus infections and allergies
- Prevention of infection
- How to prevent throat infection in a kid