Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
123 Doctors are Online

How to overcome deficiency of protein in blood after being diagnosed with anemia?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 2007
Answered : 1201 Questions
ive been diagnosed of having anemia then i had 22 small bruises on my legs then when i went to the doctor she advice me to have a blood smear and the result was my cells are easily raptured and my cells shape is teardrops..then she told me that i need an hematologist to have a treatment..i was so confused about it...and as far as i know ive done 3 blood transfussion before when i had a surgery and when i gave birth then they said the proteins in my blood are not ihave a disease? or is my blood disorder can lead to blood cancer/leukemia
Posted Sun, 15 Dec 2013 in Blood Disorders
Answered by Dr. Jorge Brenes-Salazar 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Disease present Detailed Answer: Dear patient, Thanks for the query. Indeed, by the description and abnormal cells, it appears that indeed you have a pathologic condition, a disease of the blood and/or bone marrow; the tear drop cells are non-specific, can be seen in some myelodysplastic syndromes such as myelofibrosis, liver disease, and some forms of leukemias. A specific diagnosis will need an updated peripheral smear and a bone marrow biopsy with special stains. Your hematologist will orchestrate that. Hope that helps, wish you the best, Dr Brenes-Salazar MD Mayo Clinic MN
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Hematologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor