Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

153 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

How to get rid of pimple growth on penis?

Answered by
Dr. Kalpana Pathak


Practicing since :2006

Answered : 2015 Questions

Posted on Sat, 9 Feb 2013 in Penis Problems
Question: hi doc
i have grown a pimple like thing in my penis.could u suggest me some medicines to get rid of the same?
Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 20 minutes later
Thanks for writing to us.
The lesion that you have described could be a wart, molluscum, fordyce spot or a nodule or pustule due to some infection.
I would be able to confirm the possibilities and suggest a treatment only if you could upload an image of the concerned area.
Dermatology is completely a visual field, diagnosis and appropriate treatment can only be suggested by having a look at the lesion.
Hoping to hear from you soon. Take care.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar
Follow up: Dr. Kalpana Pathak 12 hours later
Hi doc

I have been using soframycin in the infected area.i have uploaded the infected area.kindly give me the necessary treatments ASAP.
Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 2 hours later
Thanks for writing back.
Unfortunately, the image that you have uploaded isn't very clear. However, it looks like an infected lesion on the shaft of penis.
It becomes imperative for me to ask
1) since how long are you having it
2) is it painful or painless
3) any associated inguinal swelling
4) history of unprotected sexual contact. If yes, when .
5) any history of similar lesion in past
6) any history of drug intake recently
These questions are important as the lesion could be a simple bacterial infection or it could be a sexually transmitted infection.

In the meanwhile do warm saline compresses over the area and apply mupirocin cream twice in a day

Hoping to hear from you soon. Take care.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar
Follow up: Dr. Kalpana Pathak 3 hours later
Hi Doc

Thanks for the necessary treatment.For the questions u hv asked
1)since how long are you having it-Its more than 2 -3 weeks
2) is it painful or painless-It was painless and now i am getting a little pain.
3) any associated inguinal swelling-NO
4) history of unprotected sexual contact. If yes, when .-NO
5) any history of similar lesion in past _NO
6) any history of drug intake recently -I had taken a medicine Cyplox for the same.
I have again uploaded the image.Is there something to worry about or its just common and is curable?

Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 31 minutes later
Thanks for uploading the images again.
There is nothing to worry about. The questions were just asked to rule out few possibilities. Now with a clear image, the lesion looks like a sebaceous cyst over the penile shaft. The pain that you are having right now might be due to it getting inflammed.
Sebaceous cyst is a common benign lesion and occurs due to blockade of oil gland. This blockade finally leads to collection of a cheesy oily material inside.
Treatment involves removal of the cyst. Sometimes with warm moist compresses the cyst drains spontaneously and heal.
I would advise you to continue with warm saline compresses twice in a day followed by application of antibiotic to settle inflammation. If it gets too painful, you might consider taking a pain killer like ibuprofen. Do not try to puncture or squeeze the cyst as it may lead to infection.
Also consult a dermatologist or surgeon nearby, so that if excision or removal of cyst is required can be done.

Hope that answers your query. Should there be more, feel free to write back again.
Take care.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions ,   ,  
Medical Topics

Recent questions on  Oil-producing glands

doctor1 MD

hello ,i am suffering from acne vulgaris on my face.i took the treatment from one of the best doctors in hyderabad, but unfortunately the treatment is not going well with doc....they have given me a pill that will suppress my oil glands,so that no new acne would come...but after taking that pill for around 15 days i fealt that there are rashes on my whole body....redness , even the skin is tearing from many parts of body (small part).now i am searching for a good doc in hyd who can treat me well ..can anyone tell me who is the best doc in hyd which can treat acne vulgaris without side-affect.

doctor1 MD

I have a lump on my face after a severe infection from a self administered cashew nut shell extract which claimed to remove warts... However, i mistakenly injected it on an oil glands and not on a wart... It got infected and the dermatologist has injected steroid and used laser treatment every week for a month already. The pain and inflammation is gone but i can feel a lump underneath my affected skin.... The derma first diagnosed it might be granuloma while it was healing but now she was thinking nodular cyst and suggested that i should go to a plastic surgeon to have it removed. Is there other means to remove this cyst without surgery? Its not
painful and it doesn't seem to be growing but there is a discoloration on the surface of my skin that looks like a bruise. Could it be due to steroid injections? Is it sabaceous cyst? i dont want a surgery because it will leave a scar on my face. Ive been reading about possible kind of cyst i have but the closest i get is sabacous cyst.

doctor1 MD

I found a lump under each eye lid, one was really sore earlier and felt like a stone in my eye, i dont know if the lumps are normal things though, on my top lid

doctor1 MD

Hi. Sometime in February I developed chalazions in both eyes and they were cut out in March but they haven't completely healed. I still have some redness with draining and sometimes little white pockets under the eyelids that drain. I was told this is a chronic problem because of too much oil in my glands and they basically want me to see the specialist there. How come I cannot get rid of these things? Why do my eyes keep on draining? Is there a plastic surgery that can close off the oil glands so that they don't produce anymore oils? I also have dry eye syndrome and I use OcuSoft wipes every so often to keep them clean and saline solutions but now the eye doctor wants me to keep on doing hot compresses. I am done with this. I need someone to help me get rid of these stupid things. They developed in February and now we're almost into June (that's 4 months basically). Signed: Clear eyes. Thanks

doctor1 MD

Hi Doc I have serious Acne problem which is increasing day on day and now i am getting more painful one The nown issues to me is my bad sex life and busy schdeule to maintain my lifestyle please help me with soem medication to improve the acne and...

doctor1 MD

A doctor on this website diagnosed my dry skin on my penis as a minor fungal infection . I initially used Lotrimin anti fungal powder to treat the area for several days. It seemed to improve somewhat..however I noticed that the skin was dry and...