Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
136 Doctors are Online

How to get relief from pain in upper gluteal region after spinal surgery for psoas abscess?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 1774 Questions
Sir My wife underwent a spinal surgery for left sided psoas abscess it was drained and six screws are placed at l4to s1 and she complaints of pahie in theupper gluteal regions kindly relieve her pain
Posted Sun, 22 Dec 2013 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. T Shobha Deepak 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Piroxicam and hot water fomentation can be tried Detailed Answer: Greetings Welcome to XXXXXXX I hope the surgery went on fine, there is no surgical site infection and spine instability. I would suggest her following for relief of pain 1. Let her be on bed rest till she has pain. After relief of pain slow gradual resumption of normal movements to be tried 2. Tablet Piroxicam dispersible tablet will be very beneficial in relieving pain, I would instruct to take it with milk and after meals. If the pain is not relieved with it I would suggest addition of Tramadol for two to three days only. 3. Hot Water fomentation can be given at site of pain 4-5 times a day. Consult your Surgeon if you notice any of the following 1. Excessive pain and redness at operated site 2. Shooting pain in lower limb 3. Weakness in lower limb 4. If pain persists in spite of taking medication Do get back to me if you have any other query Wishing her a speedy recovery Take care Regards Dr T Shobha Deepak MBBS,MD
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Neurologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor