Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
135 Doctors are Online

How to ease constant ache due to hard painful pea sized lump on my inner wrist?

User rating for this question
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2009
Answered : 6181 Questions
I woke up with a hard painful pea sized lump on my inner wrist - causing a constant ache and can only bend my wrist kn certain directions? I didn't bump it just woke up like that??? No health insurance - please help!
Posted Thu, 23 Jan 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Try Motrin/Tylenol, persistence=consultation Detailed Answer: Hi, Thank you so much for trusting us with your health query. I am so sorry to hear about these pains and the lump on your wrist. For, lumps around the wrist joint often represent synovial cysts. A synovial cyst is the collection of joint fluid in a cavity outside the joint space. The spontaneous onset with no history of trauma makes this likely. Initial management would have been a clinical exam and maybe an x-ray if need be. We often start managing with anti inflammatory to control symptoms and only consider surgical excision if it becomes so worrisome. Because you have no medical insurance and there is no life threatening condition right now, I will suggest that you try Tylenol/Motrin to control your symptoms. If they should persist, please go in for examination and investigation just to make sure we are not missing out on anything. I hope you find this helpful. I wish you well. Thank you so much for using our services and please do feel free to ask for more information if need. Thanks. Dr. Ditah, MD.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor