Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
128 Doctors are Online

How to deal with heavy snoring?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

ENT Specialist
Practicing since : 1991
Answered : 2543 Questions

I have a query regarding my husband's snoring. We got married one year back and we are planning to have kids after one more year. Till now I am finding difficult to adjust with my husband's heavy snoring. He is 29 and I am 28. Please help.
Posted Wed, 2 May 2012 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Sumit Bhatti 6 hours later

Thank you for your query.

1. Snoring or Obstructive Sleep Apnea Syndrome (OSAS) requires a Sleep Study and ENT examination including a flexible nasal endoscopy to diagnose the exact level of obstruction. A Sleep MRI study may also be required.

2. What is his weight? Reduction of body weight may help reduce the heavy snoring. Some conditions such as a Deviated Nasal Septum (DNS) may not respond to weight reduction alone.

3. You may share the results of the examination and investigations here for further treatment options depending on the level of obstruction which includes CPAP (Continuous Positive Airway Pressure) machines, Radio-frequency and Co-ablation assisted nasal, palate and tongue surgeries and so on.

I hope I have answered your query. If you have any follow up queries, I will be available to answer them.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an ENT Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor