question-icon

How to boost platelets naturally?

Posted on Thu, 21 May 2015
Question: What natural products can I take to increase low plateles
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan (26 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Lifestyle and dietary changes to naturally boost platelet count

Detailed Answer:
Hello sir and welcome.

Thank you for writing to us.

I have gone through your query with diligence and would like you to know that I am here to help. As listed, I shall provide you a few suggestions that can naturally help to increase your platelet count. But please do keep in mind, that these can only mildly help in platelet count rise, and the best option is a transfusion, if need be.

+Eating prunes greatly helps to raise platelet count
+Vitamin C and other multivitamin supplements
+Consuming fresh and clean green leafy vegetables and fruits
+Mild forms of exercise
+Sufficient amount of sleep
+Avoid cold water, and drink lukewarm or room temperature water
+Milk and other dairy products
+Lots of proteins (chicken breast, chicken liver, etc.)
+Fish

I hope you find my response both helpful and informative. Please feel free to write back to me for any further clarifications, I am always here to help.

Best wishes.
Dr. Shoaib Khan