How long should i continue mycophenolate for acquired white matter disease?
may need to continue for 3-5 years
You may have to continue with the medication long term, may be a couple of years. If you gain remission and are fine clinically and radiologically then the medication may be tapered; but ideally for such an indication medication is continued for 3-5 years.
Back pains and cracking joints are generally related to low vitamin D levels. So you need to be sure that you are taking medication regularly and also exercising the back and joints regularly.
Hope this answers your questions. Let me know if you need clarifications.
Thank you for your reply.
I am 26 yr old unmarried female. I was advised against pregnancy as long as I am on mycophenolate. Are there any alternate treatment options available for this condition?
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Periventricular white matter disease
- Symptoms of white matter disease
- Microvascular white matter disease
- White matter disease or tia
- Diagnosis of white matter disease
- White matter disease and tinnitus
- White matter disease causes
- White matters disease prevention
- Subcortical white matter disease
- Bifrontal white matter disease
- Is getting pain in sacral and glutel region related with arthritis?
- What is the permanent solution to ease pain in sacral and gluteal areas?
- Is it safe to continue hydroxycholoquine for RA during pregnancy?
- How is rheumatoid arthritis detected?
- What causes severe knee pain with swelling on foot?
- Is pain in spine normal?
- Can pain killers be used for rheumatoid arthritis?
- Suggest treatment for high uric acid
- What causes stiffness of leg and swollen foot?
- Is high RA level symptom of rheumatoid arthritis?