How long does immunity last after receiving rabies vaccination?
In case of re-exposure new two doses vaccination is recommended
current CDC guidelines suggest repeating two doses of vaccination in case of re-exposure. The immunity (detectable antibodies at a sufficient level) is supposed to last for up to two years though, so minor incidents (no bite) could perhaps be ignored. My personal opinion is that judging by the severity of this disease, every possible measure should be taken to avoid contracting it.
Please also remember that one of the most efficient methods to avoid transmission is meticulous wound irrigation.
I hope I've helped!
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Will take effect how long the rabies vaccine
- Rabies vaccine and immune globulin
- How effective is rabies vaccination
- Alcohol after rabies vaccine
- After effects of rabies vaccine
- Smoke after rabie vaccine
- How long rabies vaccine will protect me after taking it
- Numbness after rabies vaccine
- Diet after rabies vaccination
- How long is the rabies vaccine effective