• question-icon

How long does Xanax remain in the system?

Posted on Tue, 31 May 2016 in General Health
Question: I have taken 7 blue 10s Xanax in the past two days. how long till its out of my system

if I take an over the counter test are they pretty accurate, or is there one that is better for accuracy
Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Action would be over soon but can be detected much later

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on Health care magic.

Xanax (alprazolam) is a short acting benzodiazepine. It's action should be over in a day or so. However, it can be detected for up to three months in some tests.
The timetable for detecting xanax in the system is also dependent upon your metabolism, body mass, age, hydration level, physical activity, health conditions and other factors, making it almost impossible to determine an exact time xanax will show up on a drug test.

The following is an estimated range of times, or detection windows, during which xanax can be detected by various testing methods:
Urine Test: 1-6 wks
Blood Test: 6-48 hrs`
Saliva Test: 1-10 days
Xanax, like many other drugs, can be detected with a hair follicle drug test for up to 90 days.

Brief Answer:
Depends on the sample they are using

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for writing back.
Could you specify why exactly you need to get tested and what sort of over the counter test are they doing. Anyway, you can probably draw your answer from the details already provided.

Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha