How long does HPV remain contagious?
Total cure possible with HPV following treatment.
Welcome to HCM.
Thanks for posting your query.
I had treated hundreds of patients with genital and anal warts. Almost 99% of these patients had a total cure and no longer they are infectious to their partners. Only around 1% had relapse.
Similarly many wives of their HPV husbands remain HPV free even after months of their regular unprotected sex when they present themselves for examination.
So I want to emphasize that there may be both possibilities:
1. You could have cured totally from HPV infection.
2. In presence of you have the infection persisting still, there is possibility of this partner of yours remain HPV free and the future partner might or might not get infected from you.
Only a thorough examination and blood examination and tissue preparations can reveal whether you are totally free from HPV.
I hope that you got the point and get cleared your doubts.
Cryo for vaginal,Podophyllin for Genital,Anal war
In penile,vulval and anal warts, I use Chemical cauterization with Podophyllin application.
In vaginal and urinary meatal warts, I use Cryo application. If there is no relapse within 3 months then it is unlikely to persist.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- How long before dry hpv dies
- How long does it take to eradicate hpv
- How long does it take to lose hpv
- How long does hpv last in men
- How long can hpv lay dormant
- How long does the hpv last in the air
- How contagious is hpv
- How long can men be hpv carrier
- How long will hpv stay without treatment men
- How long does hpv last