How long do the symptoms of HIV take to appear?

Dr. Sunil Jangid

HIV AIDS Specialist

Posted on Sat, 3 Sep 2016 in HIV and AIDS
Question: I really have many questions about seroconversion... I feel I may be going through it
Answered by Dr. Sunil Jangid 30 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Why are you feeling so.

Detailed Answer:
Dear xxxxx,

Welcome to HCM.

Please tell me in detail why are you thinking so and I am here to answer all your questions related with seroconversion so get back to me with details.

Thank You
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Veerisetty Shyamkumar
Follow up: Dr. Sunil Jangid 8 minutes later
do symptoms come one at a time or all at once? I've been having swollen lymph nodes and this morning my throat seems sore
Answered by Dr. Sunil Jangid 10 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Go for HIV test to relieve your anxiety.

Detailed Answer:
Dear xxxx,

Welcome back and thanks for follow-up.

The appearance of symptoms of HIV depends on person to person. In some cases they will appear within few days or weeks of infection but in some they will take long time also. In your case symptoms are non-specific as they might be due to other causes also like tuberculosis or other bacterial or viral infection.

The best way to allay the fear or relieve your anxiety is to get tested for HIV. Then consult your physician, get done chest x-ray as well as other blood tests to isolate the cause for swollen lymph nodes, follow the advice and you will be fine soon. For any further query feel free to ask and I am always here to help you.

Thank You