How long Enterogermina can be given for diarrhea in infants?

Dr. Archana Verma

Pediatrician

Posted on Wed, 8 Jun 2016 in Child Health
Question: Hi
My kid is 5 month old and she has viral diarrhea from 1 week . Meanwhile we consulted doctor and they have advised to give her enterogermina 2.5 ml twice a day along with zinsy syrup . Till yesterday she was fine but again the loose stools have started . Please suggest can i extend thw enterogermina dose for her till the diarrhea stops.
Answered by Dr. Archana Verma 40 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Yes you can

Detailed Answer:
Hi

I understand your concerns but don't worry. You may give enterogermina for 3 or more days if required. Give zinsy for atleast 14 complete days to have early recovery and better immunity for similar episodes. Ensure regular feeds to avoid dehydration.

Hopefully it will be of help.