question-icon

How does the hepatitis B infection spread?

Posted on Sat, 30 May 2015
Question: I have a friend that was just told they have hepatitis B. We have kissed but no other physical contact. Should I be concerned?
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah (21 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Hepatitis B is not spread by kissing!

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thank you so much for this query.

I am so sorry to hear about this worry that you have expressed. Hepatitis B is not transmitted by kissing. There is no reason to be afraid of a possible contamination from the kiss you both shared. If you have never been vaccinated against hepatitis B, I recommend you do so. It is cheap and very effective.

In all, you are safe as Hepatitis B cannot be transmitted through sex.

I hope this helps. I wish you well. Thanks for using our services and do feel free to ask for more information and clarifications if need be.
Dr. Chobufo Ditah