Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
200 Doctors are Online

How can the scar left behind by suturing below the eye be removed?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2009
Answered : 299 Questions
Hi ,

I met with an accident 6 month back and got sutured below the eye.. The scar is very visible. Please suggest me any treatment. I tried all the Creams suggested buy doctor but its not working..
Tue, 8 May 2012 in Beauty & Cosmetics
Answered by Dr. Vidya Muralidhar 1 hour later
Hi Anjan

Thanks for the query.

The scars can be removed by various methods.

Treatment ranges from topical applications to laser treatment.

You could consider these options :

1.Mederma is a good cream which has helped many to get rid of this.Apply at least for 2 months continuously

2. Use a good sunscreen to protect the face and the area from a XXXXXXX and further pigmentation

3. Moisturizers XXXXXXX in Vit E and aleovera are helpful

5.Multivitamin tablets with B complex and zinc would be helpful.

If the above measures do not yield good results you can discuss the following with a deramtologist or cosmetic surgeon.

1. Laser treatment

5. Micro Dermabrasion

Long standing scars may develop into keloid, which are difficult to remove. They may need local steroid injections and a simple procedure surgically for removal.

Hope this answers your query.I am available for follow ups as well.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: How can the scar left behind by suturing below the eye be removed? 19 hours later

Thanks for the response.

I have been applying Mederma from past 50 days but i have not seen any changes and also tried multivitamin tablets suggested by doctor earlier.

Scar is not developed into Keloid, but it is lilltle XXXXXXX because there is no flesh in that area.

Can you please suggest any good deramtologist or cosmetic surgeon in Bangalore for the treatment. Earlier surgery was done in mallya hospital. I dont want to go again to that hospital as they dont respond properly.

Also please suggest for good moisturizers XXXXXXX in Vit E and aleovera.

Thanks in Advance.


Answered by Dr. Vidya Muralidhar 36 minutes later
Hi Anjan,

Thanks for writing back.

It depends on the type of scar, the depth and the site of the scar. Since under eye is a very sensitive area, the skin being very fragile, the scar will take time to return to normal skin tone.

If the scar is a deeper one, topical creams are not proven to be effective. You may try using the creams for few more months as to see if there is any improvement. Meanwhile good moisturizers with Vit E (Brands like Aveeno, Himalayas, Neutogena) may help you in recovery. You could use one of them.

Perhaps, the best effective treatments definitely have to be Cosmetic Procedures. The commonest procedures done in this treatment are discussed earlier - Laser Surgery or Derma Abrasion. Apart from these, you may also consider using sub dermal injections - collagen / hyaluronic acid filling injections.

Remember these procedures may not bring back 'THE GOD GIVEN SKIN' but helps for 70 to 80% depending on the expertise of doctor and procedure chosen to correct.

You may consult one experienced cosmetic surgeon such as

Dr. M.S.Venkatesh(Cosmetic and Plastic Surgeon)
Address: Plastic and Cosmetic Surgery Clinic
308, 14th Cross, 2nd Block, Jayanagar
Bangalore - 0000.
Mobile: +91-0000

He or any other cosmetic surgeon will be able to guide you through the aforementioned procedures

Hope this answers your query.

Wish you good health.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: How can the scar left behind by suturing below the eye be removed? 2 hours later

Thanks for the detailed explanation. Hope these procedures may bring back 70 to 80% of skin.

Once again thanks for the advice.
Answered by Dr. Vidya Muralidhar 20 hours later
Hi Anjan,

Thanks. If you are happy with my reply it would be a pleasure if you accept it.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor