How can semen levels be increased?

Dr. P. T. Patil

Urologist

Posted on Sat, 16 Jun 2018 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: Hi: I'm a 63 year old man, who is reasonably healthy. I am on a satin for cholesterol as well as on Atorvastatin for blood pressure and I take a testosterone injection once a week. I typically run 3 miles 3X a week as well as walk 3 miles 3X a week. I practice yoga a minimum of once a week and Pilates 2X a week. My problem is that when I have sex, I'm reduced to virtually no semen. Any ideas on how I can increase my semen so that I can have a proper orgasm? Thank you
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
There are no medicines that can increase Semen volume

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for query .

Based on the facts that you have posted you have noticed that your semen volume to be almost nil since very recently .

I shall be happy if you can post me more details to help me in making precise comments
1) Are you taking any drug especially Tomsulosin to improve your urine flow ?.

As the age advances there is reduction in production of constituents of semen like seminal fluid ,prostatic secretions and sperms .

Truly speaking there are no drugs that can increase the seen volume There are many drugs sold on internet market to claim to be effective and increase the semen volume but none of these drugs have any scientific data to prove their clain neither they are approved by FDA.

Following general measures will help you to boost up your confidence and getting good erection and increase semen volume
1) Practice regular exercise for 45 minutes followed by meditation for 1/2 an hour in the morning.
2) Take high protein diet rich in vegetables and fruits and Vitamin A,C,D,E.and Zinc
3)Take anti oxidants like Almonds 5-6 everyday..
4) Avoid alcohol and smoking.
5) Increase your water intake .

Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions,I shall be happy to help you
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.
Follow up: Dr. P. T. Patil 2 hours later
The only medication that I hadn't listed is the blood pressure medicine Vaksartan/HC. I am not taking any medications to improve urine flow. I will try what you recommend. Thank you. XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
O.K Bye

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for follow up and feedback.

Try general measures suggested .Have a good health

Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.