How can premature ejaculation be treated?

Psychiatrist
Question
I have a problem of pre mature ejaculation, the sensitivity is too high and as a a result the climax is reached very fast.
Fri, 27 Apr 2018 in Sexual Health

Answered by Dr. Ashok Kumar 28 minutes later
Brief Answer:
It is treatable condition

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for using Healthcaremagic.

Premature ejaculation can be treated or controlled with the help of behavioral methods and the medications.
The behavioral techniques need to be practiced during sex and yield results over a time. Even your partner can assist you in some of the techniques like squeeze technique.

The techniques are difficult to explain here but you can just google 'kegel method ' to understand it. For good results it is recoomended to have 100 contractions per day which can be divided in three to four times a day as per your convenience.
The other techniques are
1. Squeeze technique
2. Start- stop method
3. Interruption technique
U can choose any of them if they suit you.

Premature ejaculation can also be controlled by medications.

SSRI antidepressant drugs cause delayed ejaculation as a side effect, and this side effect is used therapeutically in the treatment of premature ejaculation. These drugs are as following:
Tablet. Paroxetine [paxil 25 mg] at night or
Tablet. Fluoxetine [Prozac 20 mg] in the morning after the breakfast.. or
Tablet. Sertraline [Zoloft 50 mg] at night.

A person with premature ejaculation need to take any of these drugs regularly and its effect will appear only after 15 to 20 days.

Another strategy is to take drug one hour before sex. The another antidepressant drug dapoxetine is given one hour before sex and it cause delayed ejaculation.

I hope this answers your question.
Thanks and regards
Dr Ashok Kumar

Follow-up: How can premature ejaculation be treated? 1 hour later
Hello Doctor,
Thanks for your response, for how many days do i need to continue this medication and also can you please brief what is meant by the techniques you proposed in your description?

Answered by Dr. Ashok Kumar 17 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Kegel technique is one of the effective techniques

Detailed Answer:
Dear XXXX,
Thanks for follow up.

Most of my patients with premature ejaculation need atleast three months of treatment with medications and concurrent behavioral techniques.

Among the behavioral techniques I often found that Kegel exercise is easy to do and have good results over a period of time. As stated it is difficult to explain here but you can google it as the description is readily available over the internet. I will recommend you to check Mayo clinic as they have reliable description.

I hope this helps you further.
If you have any further query, I would be glad to help you.
If not, you may close the discussion and if possible you may rate the answer for my future patients.
In future if you wish to contact me directly, you can use the below mentioned link:
http://doctor.healthcaremagic.com/doctors/dr-ashok-kumar/67386
Thanks and regards.