How can heartburn be treated despite being on anti-acids?
Treatment is suggested below dear.
Acid peptic disorders usually consist of two phases-
1 Over production of acid that is controlled by antacids and proton pump inhibitors.
2 Is to prevent reflux of this acid back into the oesophagus which caused severe heartburn and symptoms related to inflammation.
To control this prokinetic drugs like Itopride or Levosulpiride has to be taken with proton pump inhibitor (prescription medicine).
As there are chills and fever there are possibilities of H pylori-infected peptic ulcers in your case.
Chills and fever are usually suggestive of infection.
Therefore blood test called complete blood count and an endoscopy should be done to see if there are ulcers or not.
In that case, 1 gram sucralfate would be given four times a day.
Hope I have answered your query.
Dr Ramesh Kumar, Gastroenterologist
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- How is heartburn treated in pregnant women
- How to stop massive heartburn
- Swollen lips heartburn acid
- Hyaluronic acid and heartburn
- Heartburn and high uric acid
- Acid reflux vs heartburn
- How to cure cramps and heartburn
- Heartburn acid reflux symptoms
- Acid reflux without heartburn
- How to heal excessive acidity with heartburn and vomit
- Suggest treatment for dizziness, fatigue and nausea when diagnosed with...
- What causes constant abdominal bloating after gallbladder surgery?
- Suggest remedies for chronic hiccups
- Suggest treatment for severe cramps and abdominal pain
- What does my HIDA report result indicate?
- Suggest treatment for diarrhea, low grade fever and abdominal pain
- Suggest treatment for symptoms of GERD
- Suggest treatment for severe acid reflux despite taking Nexium
- Does Tylenol Cold cause diarrhea when taken for cold and flu?
- Suggest treatment for multiple anal abscesses