Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

200 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

How can chronic painful swelling in the joints be treated?

Answered by
Dr. Divya Agarwal


Practicing since :1999

Answered : 570 Questions

Posted on Fri, 27 Apr 2018 in Lupus
Question: I've had joint pain several years along with joint swelling, swollen joints. My family Dr did blood test my ANA positiv,cpr high, sed rate 45. I gave mouth sores and buturfly rash.
Answered by Dr. Divya Agarwal 53 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Possibility of lupus

Detailed Answer:
there is a possibility that you have lupus or a related connective tissue disease.
you should undergo a joint examination by a rheumatologist and also undergo further testing of the ANA by indirect immunofluorescence and line immunoassay in order to further decipher the pattern of the autoantibodies.
in case positive you might need to be on immunomodulatory drugs for your disease.
this disease is controllable with drugs and exercise.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Follow up: Dr. Divya Agarwal 1 hour later
Severe coughing and bronchitis every other mo.
Answered by Dr. Divya Agarwal 30 minutes later
Brief Answer:
May be allergic

Detailed Answer:
however interstitial lung disease should be ruled out by ct scan and pulmonary function testing.
as interstitial lung disease can be related to connective tissue disease.
they are generally progressive unless they are treated. so as you say that your problem gets exacerbated every few months it could be allergic.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions ,  
Lab Tests ,   ,  
Medical Topics

Recent questions on  Ct scan

doctor1 MD

I am experiencing a partial vision loss - probably a TIA - what will happen when I go to the emergency room?? YYYY@YYYY

doctor1 MD

My father undergone Electrical cardioversion treatment due to having severe Atrial Fibrilation (AF). Needless to say the treatment did not work after 4 attempts and they have prescribed him various medications to control the rate of the heart. We...

doctor1 MD

I got real dizzy and kinda lost tempory balance and experienced double vision but only for 30 seconds, twice yesterday. I am in good health at 78 years old and very active. eat healthy, Take a staten and low dose blood pressure and lots of vits daily

doctor1 MD

Sir, My right side floating rib hits somewhere and I am having pain while moving side to side when I sleep. Feels like the rib is hitting some organs or the muscles where may be some inflammation. I have taken X-ray , gone through CT-Scan and Lever test and as per the direction of a hospital but they could not find out anything wrong. I am 53 year old.