How can breathlessness be treated despite being on Prednisone and steroid puffer?
In thinking about this situation, the best solution is to go to the local ER. You will probably need to call an ambulance to get the 2 of you there. You cannot drive and your husband is too sick to drive and needs medical attention. He may need to be reevaluated as it sounds as though he is very sick. And he may need more prednisone to control his breathing. In addition, if he is still having significant fevers, he may need a different antibiotic. The ER doctor may need to admit him overnight to stabilize his breathing if necessary. But I don't think you have much choice but to go in to the ER for re-evaluation as he isn't getting better and from your description, sounds like he is very sick and may be getting worse.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Prednisone steroid tablets
- Prednisone steroids and alcohol
- How to treat rash caused from prednisone
- Steroid toxicity prednisone
- How to treat prednisone rash
- Steroid side effects prednisone
- How to treat prednisone dry skin
- Is prednisone an anabolic steroid
- Prednisone steroid for back pain
- Is prednisone a steroid
- Suggest treatment for chronic hip/pelvic pain
- What causes coughing, sneezing, headaches and watery eyes?
- Suggest treatment for post nasal drainage and runny nose
- What causes foul body odor and overactive bladder while taking Trospium?
- What causes pain near the navel area?
- What causes joints pain with welts and teeth problems?
- Suggest remedy for drainage at back of throat and vomiting sensation
- Suggest treatment for pain under the clavicle
- Suggest medication for ADHD
- Suggest medication for bloating in a person with history of colitis