• question-icon

    How can attention deficit disorder be treated?

Posted on Tue, 18 Jul 2017 in Mental Health
Question: I have add but have been untreated for years. I work in the same office as my pcp and don't want anyone to know. Can I get treatment online?
Answered by Dr. Olsi Taka 38 minutes later
Brief Answer:
No and not recommended anyway.

Detailed Answer:
I read your question carefully and I understand your concern.

It is not clear whether your mean to get a prescription online or to buy the treatment directly. In the first case on the site I am afraid that we are not allowed to give prescriptions to our patients, it is against the site's policy (you can read it at the bottom of the page in small letters that the purpose of this site is to provide a second opinion and patients are encouraged to discuss recommendations with their physician). I do not think other sites would do that, especially when it is a case of medications which act on central nervous system, it is not recommended and I would mistrust the professionalism of those (if any) who offer such a service.

As for buying them directly online I would discourage that even more, they are not sold over the counter, most sites selling such drugs are scams and you do not know what you get.

So I would recommend to get the prescription from a physician, whether your pcp or an outside one since you are not comfortable with that.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar
Answered by
Dr. Olsi Taka


Practicing since :2004

Answered : 3657 Questions


The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on

Recent questions on  Central nervous system

doctor1 MD

My grandson had surgery in July 2011 to try to control night seizures. Even with medication he has continued to have seizures about every seven...

doctor1 MD

Random seizures 8 years ago for 1 week, 3 years ago for 1 week. symptoms were numbness and twitching in right hand before and aura....Both times I...

doctor1 MD

I am an epileptic and have about one seizure a year. Will taking lamictal take away my seizures for a much longer time. I have read others stories...

doctor1 MD

My sister is 28yrs old suffering from Cerebral Epilesy. Wanted to know if cerebral epilepsy is treated at this age. What is the treatment or...

doctor1 MD

I have a mild Giddines ( head mild dull and like rotating a bit and feel like balance not working) . i was in touch with ENT .. looks all clear...

doctor1 MD

sir i m taking 2mg clonazepam +400mg Quetipin plain+8mgRemitext. it's ok for me . My doctor's son add 600mg gabapinsr.Due to this Gabapin my hunger...

doctor1 MD

I am prescribed alprazolam ( Xanax ) up to 2 mgs per day (never taken that much at once) yesterday was rough so I took .5 mg around noon another .5...

Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties

121 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM Blog Questions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction
Questions Answered By Dr. Olsi Taka
  • Q - What causes microvascular ischemic disease?

  • Q - Suggest treatment for severe headaches

  • Q - Can Lipitor cause brain damage?

  • Q - What causes severe migraine while on Cymbalta and Xanax?

  • Q - What are the signs and symptoms of brain aneurysm?

  • Q - What does intense pain in the temple suggest?

  • Q - What causes intense fatigue, tingling sensation in the feet and leg pain?

  • Q - What causes agitation and inappropriate sexual behavior while having...

  • Q - Suggest remedies for muscle pain, dizziness and constipation when...

  • Q - Can stress cause cyanotic discoloration on the extremities?