• question-icon

How can attention deficit disorder be treated?

Posted on Tue, 18 Jul 2017 in Mental Health
Question: I have add but have been untreated for years. I work in the same office as my pcp and don't want anyone to know. Can I get treatment online?
Answered by Dr. Olsi Taka 38 minutes later
Brief Answer:
No and not recommended anyway.

Detailed Answer:
I read your question carefully and I understand your concern.

It is not clear whether your mean to get a prescription online or to buy the treatment directly. In the first case on the site I am afraid that we are not allowed to give prescriptions to our patients, it is against the site's policy (you can read it at the bottom of the page in small letters that the purpose of this site is to provide a second opinion and patients are encouraged to discuss recommendations with their physician). I do not think other sites would do that, especially when it is a case of medications which act on central nervous system, it is not recommended and I would mistrust the professionalism of those (if any) who offer such a service.

As for buying them directly online I would discourage that even more, they are not sold over the counter, most sites selling such drugs are scams and you do not know what you get.

So I would recommend to get the prescription from a physician, whether your pcp or an outside one since you are not comfortable with that.
Dr. Olsi Taka

Neurologist