• question-icon

How can an enlarged diaphragm be treated?

Posted on Mon, 10 Jul 2017 in X-ray, Lab tests and Scans
Question: I had an abnormal chest xray with a possibility of a lymph node problem or my diaphragm is enlarged on the left side.
Answered by Dr. Antoneta Zotaj 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
It is advisable to have the CT scan to have more clarification on the finding

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for asking at healthcare magic.

I carefully read your question and understand your concern. I understand that having an abnormal chest xray might be a very disturbing fact that is why actually it is good to have the CT scan to verify the findings.

There are several tests that are recommended to examine the chest and chest xray is the first step. Generally it is a good initial test but when we see structures there that we do not usually see, it is always recommended to confirm the findings with the CT scan examination of the chest.

The CT scan is like an xray in itself but includes many more plans of imaging and do give much better idea of what is going on by clarifying our questions on what the structures are.

I would recommend you to follow the advise of your doctor and have the CT scan done. Many times findings are nothing to worry about but is always best to confirm with a more accurate test.

I hope this is helpful and answers to your question but please feel free to reply if anymore clarification is needed on this.

I wish you well.

Kind regards,

Antoneta Zotaj, MD
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Dr. Antoneta Zotaj